Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peaches, Peaches and more Peaches




Having just put the kettle on for a fresh cup of tea, I'm admiring last weeks hard graft at having canned about 3 years worth of peaches! There is something very comforting in knowing that when the cold winter months come, we will still have the taste of summer in jar! Peaches over ice cream for an easy pudding or mixed into oatmeal on a dark winters morning. It certainly will add some colour and comfort to the mid winter blahs.


I have been been doing a fair amount of preserving this summer, I have so far made Jam ( apricot, peach, raspberry and blueberry), Brown Sauce(H.P.), salsa and today I think I'm going to make yellow ketchup, with the glut of yellow tomatoes in the garden.
Since my cup of tea is almost done, I better get on with Sunday activities, the weekly shop, cleaning the house and walking my two boisterous chocolate labs. I love Sundays for their lazy morning and a bit of domestic activity around the house, quick trip to the shops, and enjoying the fall colours as I walk the dogs.

2 comments:

Mrs B said...

I love it! I love you! Your an inspiration! beautiful blog Devonia love Antonia xxxxxx

Mrs B said...

I love it! I love you! Your an inspiration! beautiful blog Devonia love Antonia xxxxxx